On this episode of Some Future, we give voice to desalinization technology, universal basic income, the future of transportation, the wonderous futurist thinker Nikola Tesla, the investments of "war stocks," and we speak with futurist and foresight thinker John Smart.
- About this week's guest
About ideas and people mentioned in this podcast:
- Desalination of aquifers offers drought-weary California new hope
- Hey Bill Nye, 'Can We Desalinate Water for Human Consumption on a Massive Scale?' #TuesdaysWithBill
- Desalination Problems Begin to Rise to the Surface in Israel
- World's 1st Large-Scale Solar Powered Desalination Plant - Al Khafji
Universal Basic Income
- Elon Musk doubles down on universal basic income: 'It's going to be necessary'
- The robot that takes your job should pay taxes, says Bill Gates
- Ontario plans to launch universal basic income trial run this summer
- Post-Capitalism: Rise of the Collaborative Commons
Future of Transportation
- The country with the worst traffic in the world — and it’s not the U.S.
- Driverless Autonomous Cars Will Be on U.S. Roads in the Next 2 Months
- Hyper Loop
- The Boring Company | Tunnels
- The Rise and Fall of Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla's Incredible Predictions For Our Connected World
- David Bowie as Nikola Tesla in 'The Prestige'